View Profile EagleGuard

All 68 Audio Reviews

55 w/ Responses

Good job

Heya, first of all: Did you record this playing one instrument at a time, or did you record the whole thing in one go? Apart from a few minor mistakes, it's pretty faithfull to the original and it sounds pretty good as well. Too bad you didn't record the vocals as well, but that's only a minor issue. Perhaps you should've played the singing part with a synth instrument or something, to fill up the empty spaces in between.

And that guitar solo must've been a pain to play on the keyboard!

All in all, a job well done. 4/5 and 8/10. Keep up the good work ;)

Zineb responds:

I played each channel alone then mixed them with audacity. I didn't use vocals because : 1-I can't sing. 2- I've made it as a karaoke because my sister asked me.
Thanks for the comment :)

Good

Although the title is a bit weird, the song itself is pretty good.

Melody, harmony and all that are good. Drums were OK, although the drum bass gets slightly annoying after a while. You put in enough variation to keep it interesting.

The strings sample you used sounds a bit too computer-generated. Try finding a better sample for them.

All in all, a good 7/10 ; 4/5

superuberinsaneausm responds:

thanks i made the title that way to attract attention

Sounds nice, however...

It's good, although it's a bit short. Perhaps you should consider writing an extended version?

The song itself sounds very smooth. Melody is good, harmony is alright. Drums are a bit simple, but they do fit.

Something I should mention is that it sounds slightly hollow; perhaps you should've added more instruments?

All in all, a good 7/10 , 4/5

Keep up the good work =)

Very nice

Very energetic. Makes me feel happy!

The melody is nice, and the bass sounds harmonic with it. You stated that it's quite repetitive. It is slightly repetitive, however, I've heard much worse; you actually did a pretty good job.

I do agree with Waterflame, however. Adding another melody would make things more interesting. Apart from that, the effects and drums are nice as well.

All in all... I think this deserves a 9 / 10 and a 4 / 5

Keep up the good work!

Decent

Not bad, but it isn't great either. It's rather boring to be honest and gets quite repetitive. The drums are nice though. Perhaps if you added lyrics it'd be more interesting to listen to.

By the way, I think you meant pizzicato ;)

6/10 3/5

Alright

You did an OK job on this. However, it isn't exactly perfect.

The part from 0:58 - 1:12 is a bit awkward and empty. The part from 1:20 - 1:34 however, sounds a bit too messy.

The synths were different from the stuff you usually hear, which gives it a unique touch.

All in all 6/10 , 3/5

superuberinsaneausm responds:

the part from 58-112 was by accident because i was using a demo channel that cut off for 20 seconds every 2 mins sorry about that and as for the next part i definitely agree i needed to make a better melody for the bridge or verse

Good

You did a great job on this. Although hip hop isn't exactly my specialty, I can hear you worked hard on this. It sounds nice and has a dramatic touch to it.

I can picture this being used in games like GTA ;)

The only problem I had with this was that it gets a little repetitive after a while.

8/10 , 4/5

S-Rock responds:

Yeah this beat may be a little Rep. But on the other hand what song isn't without lyrics? Thanks for the review :D

Very good

Haha, I liked this a lot. Has a nice sound to it.

Melody was good, harmony was very good. Lots of variation and the drums are nice as well. However, the refrein does get a bit repetitive after a while. (1:24 - 1:51)

Great for something like a racing game.

All in all, an 8/10 and 4/5 for you ;)

krssvr responds:

cool!, thanks for the review ill be sure to return the favor

Nice!

Well done, I really enjoyed listening to this. I'm guessing you put quite a bit of effort in this. Good to hear this isn't just another simple midi import.

However, it isn't perfect. The intro is a bit too long and the snare drum is a bit too loud. You should also make the main synth lead a bit louder as it tends to disappear in the background.

Also, in the end, it sounds like the instruments aren't completely synced with the beat (e.g. at 3:25). I'm guessing something went wrong during recording / converting?

Anyways, you did a good job. 7/10 and 4/5

Absolix responds:

Thank you for the review!

And Looking at 3:25 and beyond - I don't know what's causing that :\ .
The layout of the track was synced perfectly, but honestly i use FL sometimes; so I think it had something to do with too much distortion or too much sound. Sometimes it does that, and it delays a certain part of the song. (Eg: a Kick or a certain lead).

Again, thanks for the review!
~Absolix

Great!

This sounds really good, and I think this deserves way more attention.

Melody is good, harmony is good, the amount of variation is good and the drums are great too.

The only thing you could've worked a bit more on is the ending. I thought it ended a bit abrupt.

Apart from that, a job well done. 9/10 , 5/5 (to balance the score out)

Hi, I write/compose/create music.

Arend van Stenis @EagleGuard